Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Ten Books I Meant to Read in 2017

Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Books I Meant to Read in 2017.
  1. Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles Trilogy, # 1) by Jodi Meadows - I got this for review, but started seeing not the highest ratings for it and my excitement level dropped.
  2. Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, # 1) by Scott Reintgen - Another one I got for review. I actually started this but the voice wasn't pulling me in. I haven't given it a fair shot, but I haven't been in the mood to go back to it either.
  3. Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, # 6) by Sarah J Maas - I KNOW, RIGHT? How have I not read this yet? Well because it moves from the main storyline plus it is incredibly LONG.
  4. The Last Star (The 5th Wave, # 3) by Rick Yancey - I was dying for this when it released, but somehow I didn't read it immediately and a few ratings that were only 3 Stars had me discouraged.
  5. The Beauty of Darkness (Remnant Chronicles, # 3) by Mary E Pearson - This is the same as The Last Star. I've just put it off because it seems the ending might not be as good as the beginning. I so hate when that happens.
  6. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Harry Potter, # 8) by JK Rowling, John Tiffany, & Jack Thorne - Yeah, no excuses. I just really need to get around to this.
  7. The Great Hunt (Eurona Duology, # 1) by Wendy Higgins - I actually got this for review in 2016 (maybe even 2015) and I STILL haven't read it. I've started it. Might just need to DNF it even though Holly enjoyed it.
  8. The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, # 2) by Amy Harmon - This released in 2017 and I thought I might pick it up as soon as it released, but I did not.
  9. Cage of Darkness (Reign of Secrets, # 2) by Jennifer Anne Davis - Another one I started, but I put it down for Colleen Hoover's latest release and never got around to picking it back up.
  10. The Becoming of Noah Shaw (The Shaw Confessions, # 1) by Michelle Hodkin - I got this for review, but then I gave birth and fantasy hasn't been what I'm wanting to read right now.

Which books did you intend to read in 2017 but didn't get around to? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get to these books soon! I am on the same page with Harry Potter and the Cursed Child !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had that Harry Potter book started since it came out, I need to finish it! And I need to read the sequel to The Great Hunt, I really liked it. Hope you get to the ones you want to this year!
    Check out my TTT

    ReplyDelete