Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Ten Movies to Get You in the Christmas Spirit

Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Movies to Get You in the Holiday Spirit.

  1. Harry Potter - I love watching HP during the Christmas season.
  2. The Lord of the Rings - Epic fantasy I guess. Even though there's nothing that says "Christmas" in these movies, every year I gravitate toward these movies.
  3. The Chronicles of Narnia - The same for the previous point can be said for this series.
  4. Home Alone - This is THE Christmas movie of my generation.
  5. The Santa Clause - As a kid I remember thinking that this movie was exactly what I expected the North Pole to be like.
  6. The Holiday - One of my favorite adult Christmas movies.
  7. The Polar Express - Got to throw in a cartoon movie, right?
  8. Four Christmases - I love Vince Vaughn.
  9. Beauty and the Beast - Do you ever have to have a reason to watch Beauty and the Beast?
  10. Mr. Bean - The original show not the movies. Hilarious!

I'm not into your typical Christmas movies like It's a Wonderful Life, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, Frosty the Snowman, Nightmare Before Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. But I find that the ones I listed are the ones I come back to every year. What movies get you into the Christmas spirit? Let me know!

16 comments:

  1. Ah I also love The Holiday! Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter, Home Alone, Narnia and LOTR! All movies I so so Love!! Great list :)

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Holiday is a great choice! Can't wait to watch it again! :D
    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Christmas movies. They make me feel warm and fuzzy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your list is so great! Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, Narnia, The Holiday, Mr Bean and of course Beauty and the Beast. I love them all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great movies on your list! The Holiday is one of my favourite Christmas movies :)
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/15/top-ten-tuesday-83/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! The Holiday is a great movie :)

    My
    TTT

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your list! I think I know why LoTR is on it for xmas, all of the movies came out in December. I totally agree that Home Alone is the xmas movie of a generation. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw...thanks so much! I'm glad we like the same movies! Have a great week Uma!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I completely agree. I might have to watch it tomorrow! :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY for another Mr. Bean fan! Thanks for stopping by and commenting Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha...you're probably right about that. Most of these released around Christmas probably. Thanks for stopping by Karen!

    ReplyDelete