Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Waiting on Dark City

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Black City (Black City, # 1)

By: Elizabeth Richards

Expected Publication: November 13th 2012 by G.P. Putnam's Sons BYR

384 pages

( Goodreads | Amazon )



Goodreads description--A dark and tender post-apocalyptic love story set in the aftermath of a bloody war.

In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable—they fall in love. Bonded by a mysterious connection that causes Ash’s long-dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they’re caught, they’ll be executed—but their feelings are too strong.

When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths.

That's what I'm waiting on this week. What about you guys? Which books are you waiting on this week? Let me know!

Also, today is the last day to enter my 100 GFC Follower Givaway where the prize is a $10 Amazon or B&N Giftcard (winner's choice). Stop by and enter.

9 comments:

  1. I am SO looking forward to reading Black City too!
    new follower :)

    here's our WOW
    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo Black City, great pick, I can't wait to read it either! Thanks for sharing, oh and new follower (Frodosco - GFC)! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have to start counting down days to this one... :) Nice pick..

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read an ARC of Black City and I ABSOLUTELY ADORED IT!!! I really hope you love it as much as I did! It's so intense and amazing and.. ahhh!! I want more!

    My WoW - Pulse

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen a TON of positive reviews for this one. I can't wait to get my hands on it too! Excellent choice :)


    Tiffany @ Book Cover Justice
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have another book I need to add to my TBR list!!! Thanks for spotlighting it and Happy Halloween!! Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ive seen this one around. looks great! thanks .Our WOW Katie @ INkk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this one on my to-read list and I can't wait to give it a try when it comes out. The book sounds pretty great. Nice pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete